6 Tips to Get Your Taxes Done Faster and Easier
It’s time! It’s time to start thinking about your taxes. You may think that it is early, but in truth, it’s never too early to think about the best way to get your taxes filed accurately for the coming year. We’ve compiled a list of tips that you can use to help get your taxes done faster and easier this year. Do not be afraid…you can do this!
- Pull all documents together BEFORE you begin. People waste so much time getting starting, then having to go hunt for the items that they are missing. Our best advice is to create a very basic file each January where you can put all of the documents (W-2s, 1099s, etc.) that come to you in anticipation of tax time. You can also use this file all year long for paperwork associated with any charitable donations or other information about potential deductions.
- If you find you are missing a piece of documentation, follow-up on it before you submit your taxes. The IRS will receive ALL of your tax documents as well, so do not be fooled into thinking that if you do not receive it, then you should not include it on your return. The IRS will follow-up and you do not want to call any extra attention to your return and increase your audit risk.
- Keep it simple. If you are single, married with no dependents and make less than $100,000 a year, try using the most simple tax form – the 1040EZ. There is no reason to make things more complicated than they need to be!
- File online. The IRS has made it easier than ever to file your tax return online. You get your refund more quickly and it is the most secure way to file, providing more protection to you than using the US Mail.
- Sign and date your form before you submit. This is one of the most common and avoidable errors. It can delay the processing of your return and delay your refund check. Do not make this mistake!
- Ask questions and get help. There are many instances in which you will need tax support to submit your taxes. With over 1000 forms to choose from and millions of unique situations, you may feel most comfortable hiring a tax firm to help you prepare. While there may be a small fee associated, many firms can actually save you more money than they charge.
Success Tax Relief is a full service tax firm that is available to help customers all over the country with annual tax preparation. We have over thirty years of experience working with customers and the IRS on tax solutions that work. We offer a wide variety of tax support services including tax return review, tax preparation, and audit support. We also can communicate directly with the IRS on our customers’ behalf.
If you would like help preparing or submitting your taxes this year, give us a call today at 1-877-825-1179 or use our online form.