Call Today: 877-825-1179

La Porte Chamber of Commerce
VERIFIED Seal Success Tax Relief, LLC BBB Business Review    
5 Common Questions about Tax Relief, Answered

5 Common Questions about Tax Relief, Answered

By on Jul 11, 2018 in blog, IRS, Tax relief | 0 comments

When it comes to taxes, we understand that you have a heap of questions to ask. That is why Success Tax Relief offers free consultations.

Over the past 30 years that we have been helping Americans get out of tax debt, we’ve discovered there are some common questions asked. We want to answer them right here so that you can get the most out of your free consultation with us. We hope these answers will guide you on the right path to complete tax relief:



  1. Do I need to claim a child in order to file Head of Household?

In order to file Head of Household, you can claim a child or dependent. There are two types of dependents:

  • Child – A child doesn’t necessarily have to be related to you. If the child in your household is a stepchild, foster child, sibling, stepsibling, niece or nephew, he or she can be claimed on your taxes. However, the child must also meet the age requirement. He or she must be at least 19 years old. If he or she is a full-time student, then you are able to claim that person up until the age of 24. Your dependent must also live with you, and he or she can also have a job, but if the income provides more than half of his or her support, then you cannot claim that child.
  • Qualifying Relative- A qualifying relative is for aging parents. They must live with you and make less than $4,050. Of course, you must be financially supporting them. Here, only one child can claim a qualifying relative.
  1. Do I have to pay taxes on my social security payments?

This will all depend on how much money you make. If you have a significant taxable income, then you might have to pay up to 85% of your social security benefits. To get a better understanding of where you stand in the social security tax tier, visit the Internal Revenue Services’ website.

  1. What should I do if I receive a letter from the IRS?

The first thing you should do is call an IRS representative to verify that the letter is valid. Once you have done that, then be sure to get the IRS’ representative’s name so that you have a reference for future correspondence. The next step is to take immediate action in rectifying the issue you have with the IRS. Don’t delay! If you have to, hire a professional tax relief consultant to expedite the matter.

  1. My family is in the military. Do I have to inform the IRS every time I move?

If you are working out a tax payment situation with the IRS, then definitely update your address with them payroll with an employer and tax debt resolution are two separate issues. Treat them as such.

  1. Does the IRS have the right to garnish my paycheck?

Yes. The IRS goes through a thorough process that provides taxpayers every opportunity to pay their tax debt. Success Tax Relief can show you how by answering yet another question: “What’s the Fastest Way to Stop IRS Wage Garnishment or Bank Levy?”

Get more frequently asked questions answered on our website here. Next, give a Success Tax Relief consultant a call today at 877-825-1179 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.


Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

7 Secrets the IRS Doesn’t Want You to Know About!

Download FREE Report

We will never spam you.